ADOPTION COUNTDOWN

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

PREGNANCY COUNTDOWN

Lilypie Maternity tickers

...

This blog was started as a way for our family and close friends to follow along the ever unfolding process of
bringing home a child via international adoption! Thanks for participating in our Vietnam adventure.

"LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY"

August 7, 2009

WAITING FOR YOU - MOMMY DIARIES

I sent an email to Diane as soon as I got into work. To my surprise, she did not write back to me but rather decided to call instead. I was not prepared for a verbal discussion however I was really excited to hear a real voice on the other end. She was filled with information, answered many of my questions and concerns, staying on the phone with me for over an hour. She mentioned that she was not going to take on any further cases on for quite awhile but after speaking with me she said we sounded like wonderful candidates and she would take us on and make an exception. I have never felt luckier. Granted, there were other people we could call, but she had been mentioned several times during my research and she came highly recommend by the Agency we are considering. She explained the process for the Homestudy, timing and costs involved. I'm looking forward to getting started.

We will have 6 meetings in total, with the first beginning on September 9h, 2009 at 11 o’clock – over the duration of 9+ months. Although 9 months sounds like along time, other practitioners are running over a year. The sooner we get this over with, the sooner we get you! My motivation is at an all time high. There will be a lot of paper work to fill out so we will need this extra time to stay on track of all demands required.

In the mean time, she suggested I register us for the mandatory PRIDE (Parent Resources for Information, Development and Education) training, which is put on by the Children’s Aid Society of Ontario. It is a total of 4 days, over the course of two weekends. We need to have this course completed before Diane can close our file and send it to the Agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment