ADOPTION COUNTDOWN

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

PREGNANCY COUNTDOWN

Lilypie Maternity tickers

...

This blog was started as a way for our family and close friends to follow along the ever unfolding process of
bringing home a child via international adoption! Thanks for participating in our Vietnam adventure.

"LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS YOU TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY"

January 27, 2010

ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO’S NEST

I have officially lost all sense of sensibility when it comes to designing our Dragonflies nursery. Consumed by thoughts of projects I wish to accomplish, the question remains…which to do first. It does seem, however, that I will have the time. The Haiti disaster (immediate and devastating) has unfortunately brought our current adoption stage to a shrieking halt. Our AP is overwhelmed with current adoptions for rescued Haitian children and the ministry has been delayed by the overflow of paperwork needed in order to process these children into forever families. This leaves our provincial ‘go ahead’ waiting in a limbo “priority file stack” and it could be months before our files are logged into the system. Falling shy of the cuckoo’s nest, admittedly, I’m frustrated. The idea of adding further delays (logical reasoning or not) aggravates me, but we are helpless to situation and must try to be understanding. This of course, is easier said
then done.

Keeping busy with nursery helps me cope and allows me to focus on something other than our lengthening timeline. I saw these images online and thought I would give them a try – try being the key word in this sentence.

Project #1: Fabric Stuffed Name


…AND YES, she has a name! I know I keep calling her ‘our little dragonfly’ but my husband and I have decided to keep it as a secret, at least for the time being.

Project #2: Mobile

In keeping with my “Birdies” theme, I thought I would attempt to make this fun mobile/art piece. I bought some cheap, yet fun material at Fabricland, printed out the free template I found and attempted bird number one last night. The instructions said to sew it on a machine, but I did mine by hand. It’s not perfect, but it’s ok for a first try. One bird down, 10 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment